Thursday, February 23, 2012

Update on Men and Their Messy Offices

I know I showed you my friend C's messy office and how organized it now is. I had mentioned that we still wanted to change the paint color.

Yesterday we did! When asked if I needed to bring painter's tape I was told "Darling this isn't my first rodeo" and was assured of his steady hand. We know my addiction to painter's tape! The steady hand and lack of tape thing didn't quite work out. We had to recruit another of his friends to do some of the detail work. 

Ready to see some pictures?
Here is a reminder of the before before:





Here is the room when we last left it:



I really tried to think outside of my typical box when I picked colors for the room. He'd told me he wanted an accent wall and he has accents of oranges, reds, and browns in his house. I let that inspire me and grabbed these guys with the plans of the bright color on the accent wall and a pretty/manly grey everywhere else (it's hard to tell but the futon cover is dark grey):
After I showed him the colors he used his veto power on the grey and said that was my thing, not his. He did like the red though for the accent wall. Then I remembered a stripe of red paint on his fireplace and we ran to his garage to see if there was 5 year old leftover paint from that project. Lucky for us there was a full gallon of the exact paint shade I'd grabbed. We had Home Depot shake it up for us and open it up to tell us how bad it looked after 5 years. Somehow it still was in great shape! We also compromised on a grayish tan for the remaining walls... Funny enough it's the same shade as my living room:
We took the "polar bear paint" (as he called it) home and got to work!

Progress Shots:

 She decided to wait out the project downstairs this time

 (Here you can really see how different the paint color is vs. what was there before)

  
 This is after his friend helped us out:
And here is a picture dump (Please forgive the grainy iPhone shots. My phone hates the room's lighting!) of the new and improved room after I did my very best to quickie cut in on all of the unfinished painting (and apparently after the painting over the futon fell down and I didn't notice)!





Before I call this post complete just one more before and after shot because I adore them:

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...