Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I Can't Do That Project

Getting married is putting a major damper on my projects! I'm itching to do so many things around the house but my days off are booked solid for the 5 (!!!!) weeks up to the wedding. I can't wait to get married for many reasons, one of the minor ones is to get back to a normal schedule so I can get crafty again. Want to see what I'm planning?

The Master Bedroom:
I got this duvet cover off of our registry.

I'm planning on painting the white walls... Again. This time the same color as the downstairs bathroom:
 

I'm planning on painting the green dormer the same color as my basement bathroom and my cabinets:


I'm planning on covering the chair... Again.
I'm looking at fabrics like these:


And, adding a pop of color like this to the bed:

I also want to add a shelf like this one in white over the dresser as a rotating photo display area:

Switching out the curtains for something more masculine:


I also would like to flip out the rickety table

 for a C-Table like this in white:
Or this:


I'd also like to replace this too small lamp 

with a combo like this:



The closets:
The front hall closet just isn't working for my shoes. Then add Chris's shoes and it's a hot mess. The pantry shelves are that cheap Rubbermaid stuff and I can tell I'll wake up one night to a loud crash as the shelves all cave in. I'd like to avoid this. We're planning on adding elfa to both of these spaces to make them more functional than now:



The kitchen:
Now that two toned cabinets are good and trendy everywhere it's time to move on. You know when something trickles to the midwest that it's been trendy for several months everywhere else first! Now I know white cabinets are the way to go if you watch appliance ads and photos from magazines. I'm ready to paint the kitchen cabinets a crisp white to replace this:

I'll also add a little white to the backsplash like I experimented here:


And I'd like to finally make this floor:

Whole again!

So, that's that. Starting in December expect to see some actual progress to these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...