Wednesday, October 30, 2013

$18 Master Bedroom Makeover

After writing this post about wanting to redo some things in my house (mainly my bedroom) I couldn't stop thinking about it. This was my master bedroom:



 I got one $14 set of curtains (somehow forgetting I have TWO windows in my bedroom!!!) when I was picking up wedding stuff at Ikea. I'd seen posts like this about people adding some color to them and wanted to do the same. I'll write a post all about the project next, but for the sake of instant gratification here is what the "after" looked like when I decided to not return the set of curtains, but to instead use them to cover my chair… again:
 Then I decided to get rid of the green. As I'd stated in my big plan post I was going to paint this DARK grey and the walls elsewhere a very light grey. 
 I decided that was way too much work and the white was good. I had leftover light grey from the dining room stencil project and the bathroom so I figured I'd use that to cover the green. 

 By last night my room was in chaos and I was out only $14 and was seeing some big changes!
 I was able to exchange some duplicate items from my shower and get the other items I needed for "free!" I picked up these great dark grey flannel sheets
 They have this perfect textured look. Now the room is neutral enough that I can use my old dark green sheets, as well as the Tiffany Blue, and white ones and they'll all compliment the room nicely!
 I also took down these leaf pictures from a friend of mine that I love. I think she got them at Hobby Lobby. She has yellow at her house and I have green. I decided to make them yellow like hers. 
 I started by peeling off the leaves and picking up 3 sheets of $.69 textured scrapbook paper
 Then I used leftover yellow paint from my various projects to yellow these guys:
 Here is the after:
 And here is the complete reveal… Fit for a We instead of just a Me!
 The room is pretty much done by Target. Namely, their Threshold collection which is my favorite thing in this world. I registered and received the cable knit pillow and throw (they can be seen in my living room photos from last week) and the duvet cover. I also used my swap out to get the the lamp and lampshade. 


 Linus loves it and loves that he matches the sheets. We also got a memory foam topper for the mattress. Since I put it on Linus is OBSESSED with the bed. I lint roll it non stop now.








All of it was done for $18 dollars in 24 hours!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...