Thursday, August 7, 2014

Mini Cooper

My last post let you know that we are expecting a baby! I can't begin to explain how crazy excited I am! I was pretty sure I knew I was pregnant right away. I didn't really understand how pregnancy works though. I didn't know you're "pregnant" two weeks before you're actually pregnant. And you really have to wait about two more weeks after you are really pregnant before you can take a test. I also didn't understand that all tests are not created equal. Those digital tests are SO rude! They should say "sorry not this time" or something less bold than NOT Pregnant. I took two of those digital tests that misled me to think I could get tattooed and drink (a tiny tiny bit one time if you didn't read my last post- and the baby is COMPLETELY healthy). Finally I got a First Response and put it away and told myself to wait a few days before I took another. 

I made it one day before I took another test and was in complete shock even though I was sure I was pregnant. I had to leave for work 15 minutes later and lead training all day. As soon as I got home I took another test because the line was just so faint. I really couldn't believe it still! 
 Chris had bet me $10 that I was. Even so I couldn't believe it. I kept on taking tests
 And kept on taking them...
 Finally I went to the doctor and confirmed it. About a week after I got my first positive test I told my parents

 Even so I kept expecting to lose the baby. When you're one of the last of your friends to have a baby you hear lots about losing babies. When you read mommy blogs you hear of 3 year olds with cancer, friends from college delivering stillborn babies, or getting a call from the baby sitter that their baby stopped breathing and isn't alive anymore. Between knowing lots of people that can't get pregnant and people and family that lose babies I expected that to be me. I kept waiting for it to be me. I didn't expect to quickly get pregnant and I didn't expect my baby to live- Strangely enough this created guilt for me to be so lucky.

14 weeks later and the baby is still here and getting bigger! 

We told my brothers all at once on my brother Jonathan's birthday:

 Then I tried to get the pets to pose with a Mini Cooper which was quite unsuccessful:
 And here is how we shared with the world:
Here is when I thought I was really "showing":
 Harry is really excited to not be the youngest for much longer:
 And we found out we're having a baby girl!!
And now I'm really really showing:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...