Wednesday, August 13, 2014

DIY Bird Mobile

I was off work last week. Since I hit my second trimester I feel amazing and full of energy! I'm trying to get everything done before I'm big and tired. So I painted the baby's room, held a garage sale, and did a couple of little projects. This is one.

I wanted a mobile for over the baby's crib and found tons and tons that I loved on Etsy, Pinterest, etc. The problem with the ones I loved was that they were between $65 and $300 and that didn't quite work for me! If you Google "birds on sticks baby mobile" you'll get an idea about the vision I was going for. So I thought that I'd at least try to make my own. If you're looking for an inexpensive mobile this is the way to go! Here's what you need to do it:

-I got some sticks that were laying in my yard. ($0)
-I had some birds with feather tail Christmas ornaments I'd gotten at the dollar store years ago. I think they were 3/$1. Linus has since batted most off of the tree and chased them around the house- leading to their fluffy tails losing their fluff. I had 7 in a storage bin. ($0)
-I had some fishing line also tucked away ($0)
-I needed small screw eyes ($3.99 at Ace)
-Hot glue ($0)

Once I got everything together I de-fluffed my birds by chopping off their tail feathers. I also got rid of the ornament string. 
Here they are reporting for duty
Then I grabbed a 1/16 drill bit and got to work on my sticks
After putting a little hole in the stick just screw your screw eye in there and it's good to go!
Unfortunately, I can't find my glue gun so the birds went in a box while I waited to borrow my mom's:
While I waited I strung up my sticks though. I had to put them a lot closer together than I'd imagine you typically would based on the height of the sloped ceiling over Baby Girl's bed:
A few days later I glued the birds on there and they're ready to be stared at from below!

 So that is how I made a $3.99 mobile for my baby girl!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ej,

    It is noticeable that there is a tasty recipes on your blog and we would like to suggest you to have a look at the Top Food Blog section on www.mytaste.com/

    myTaste is a social platform for foodies and blogs/sites owners and it helps to reach more people, get more visibility on the web and share/save recipes.

    We will feature your blog and we will make a lot of shout out about your recipes on our fan pages so that people and our 4million users worldwide will be able to check it on our site.

    We only index first image of your recipe and to see your full recipe, the visitor must visit your blog/site.

    If you want to JOIN TOP FOOD BLOGS, here's the link>>

    http://www.mytaste.com/top-food-blogs

    In case you have doubts or question either you can check our FAQ or feel free to mail us.

    Kind regards,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...