Friday, February 8, 2013

What Happens When You Believe Everything You Read on the Internet

Today I ironed my hardwood floor. 
Why? Because I read this post over at apartmenttherapy. I had also read comments on Pinterest about how well it worked. And, because my boyfriend literally dragged the old couch into the basement in 3 different spots leaving deep grooves in my floor that he assured me would buff right out. 

Every day when I get ready I look out and I see that long line on the way to the front door! So when I read that tip I hopped right into doing it. Without reading the comments and fine print at the bottom about testing it in a non-visable place, old floors might have a white sheen from doing it, sanding might be required to get the dent to rise, etc. 

So... I wet a wash cloth well and ironed away.
It was supposed to be ironed for 3-5 min. After about 1.5 I peeked to see if the groove was lifting. 
The groove had actually turned dark and the surface of the floor had bubbled and turned a slight white shade
It's hard to tell from here and maybe it's like an I Spy game but I totally see it! 
Needless to say, I did not iron the other two spots. I'll just have to live with them. Ugh. So... Don't believe everything you read on the internet and always try experiments in an out of the way corner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...