Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Getting My Stitch Fix

Have you heard of Stitch Fix? I hadn't, until I read a review and saw it in action on a blog written by someone I went to college with. It looked so cool, and I am the worst girl. I hate shopping for clothes. I love to shop with very few people. One is my friend A (the Texas friend). I go broke when I see her, which is the one good thing about her moving so far far away from me! She used to style me and be my fashion inspiration. 
I was in her wedding last summer. This was the AMAZING cake that her maid of honor made for the rehearsal dinner. 
 This is me... The blonde surrounded by shopping bags.
But, since she moved far far away my love for shopping has become non-existent. I was SO happy to hear about Stitch Fix and know that I could have someone that knew exactly what I liked, my size, and could put me a little out of my comfort zone and make me try on things I wouldn't have normally picked up. 

Here's how it works:
-First you sign up for their waiting list. I did while I was in Texas. My friend A was furious, because apparently she had the same business idea and didn't realize it already existed... But anyway.
-You receive an email that you are a member (mine came a month later I think?). You log on to their site and define your style, size, etc. 
-You place your order
-You try things on in front of your mirror and do a little fashion show
-You keep what you love and are then billed for it and you send back (in a prepaid envelope they include) what you hate. 
-If you refer someone you get a $25 credit after they've gotten their first order. 

Are we all clear? Ok, so let's see how I did (with a little poorly lit fashion show):

My order was placed on Monday and this came on Wednesday... Exciting :)
 Linus was as excited as I was to see what was inside!

 I took out this so/so cardigan to start with. Blah. It was too big and the color was just not for me. It went back.

 The good thing is that each item comes with a picture of how to wear it! I need that in place of my friend A!
Cute huh? 

I kept this one. I love how fluttery it is and the color! 
Then I took out this.  In my last job I worked with this girl that wore sweater dresses every day. HORRIBLE fitting sweater dresses. Therefore, I will forever be anti-sweater dress. 
 As shown by the look on my face. No. Way. It was not good news on my body. I am still proud of myself for trying it on though! 
 Meanwhile, Linus was celebrating the arrival of new clothes in my wardrobe!
 My next piece was a colorful racerback tank. 
 I loved the color right away! It's just ok though. It is $50, and I don't think I love it $50 worth.
Even so, I tried out the tag suggestion and I liked it!  
 And, I got this green scarf.

The tunic dress, the cardigan, and the I'm-not-sure-about-it blue shirt went back.  
Overall, it was super exciting to get the box, and gave me a better idea of how to fill out my stitch fix profile to get more stuff that I love! I can't wait to get my next fix! :)

If you want to sign up just click here and feel free to mention my blog so that I can continue to dress in things other than sweat pants :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...