Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Outdoor Perfection

I love my dad.
I love him just because. But I also love him for all of the stuff he manages to fix and improve around my house. Especially woodworking stuff. He's moved my cabinets and added more, fixed my fence, given my stairs a makeover, added a railing to my basement stairs, framed windows he's installed, and recently he made my back yard plans become reality! 

Last week after only minimal nagging on my part, he rolled up with a pick up truck he rented filled with wood and lattice. He laid it all out so that I could paint in in my designated paint and spray paint area!
See these shabby pots? I got them for free and knew that all they needed was a little cleaning and paint to make them new again. 
But, the very next day while I was at work (before I could paint all of the wood) my dad came back and pulled the heavy metal X off of the frame and created my pergola!!! I came home super excited! 
Doesn't it look 1000x's better already? 

When I got home from work I slapped some paint on the pots and left them to dry overnight. 
My next day off I went to Home Depot and stocked up on more flowers. I added some life to those and other areas of my garden. 
Then I set to work on painting this big guy. While I was up there my dad called and said that he was coming over to hang the lattice around the deck. He sawed and hammered while I painted away.
Isn't it amazing?! It makes the whole brown and white thing make sense and ties everything together so well!
It's quite the before and after isn't it?

I still haven't painted the lattice. And I know seeing a deck surrounded in lattice isn't something new or unusual... But it is for my house and I love it! 
Once it's white it'll tie in the lattice on the side of the screened porch:

Had enough yet? 
Ok... one more shot of my amazing yard and father's handiwork 

So now you see why I love my dad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...