Sunday, January 22, 2012

Dirty Little Secrets

I know you think I'm perfect. 

Ok, so you don't. But I know my house is always clean and shiny in pictures. I thought I'd let you in on my dirty little secrets that I fix before I start taking pictures!
I make my bed when I wash my sheets or take a picture of my rooms for this blog. That's it. 

I always forget to empty my garbage can in my office. My computer also never lives up there. It's always on my coffee table. This room is pretty much just for looks. I also keep my Mighty Mouse  in that little mesh basket. The rude cat likes to knock it on the floor so that the batteries come out. 

See that spot of blue painter's tape? It's in an awkward spot. It's been there since I painted the trim... Almost two YEARS ago. I see it every time I go to the bathroom. I need to peel it off. 

The cat's food lives on the shelf of the kitchen table. The dog eats his food otherwise. He loves to throw it all over the place. Whenever I photograph the kitchen I try to hide the bowl... Or clean up the thrown food. Normally I just leave it.

Sometimes I need into the attic behind my headboard. I just drag the bed across the white wood floors. It's scratched off the white paint and brought out the green. I need to touch it up whenever I move the bed. It's a pain.

I read this tip about how to clean stainless steel. Use vegetable oil. I tried it. It left everything filmy. I decided it was fine. The next day I came into the kitchen and found tongue marks all over the dishwasher from a certain Zulu dog! Today I finally scrubbed it all off and used "stainless steel polish." I don't have a clue what I'm doing with stainless. This is what I'm looking at now. I have no idea what to do! 
I put off folding laundry for as long as possible. I hide it in another room when I take blog pictures!

I am a klutz. I am always breaking something, falling up stairs, etc. 

I have had to learn how to do things by doing it the wrong way first too many times (last winter I accidentally bought water softener salt to melt the ice)!

I'm handy... But some things I outsource. Here's my brother installing a new shower head. 

These are a few of my dirty little house secrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...