Monday, December 19, 2011

A Quick Gardening Tip

I'm full of quick tips these days! Not only am I trying to convince you that I'm an expert at decorating and remodeling, but lately I've been trying to do the same with cooking. Well, today I have a gardening tip! I'm sure you remember the post where I showed my yard totally dug up. I also admitted to planting fake flowers in my flower pots to keep from killing them. I know I won't convince anyone that I'm a pro at gardening!

BUT... Did you know that just because you have your Christmas tree up doesn't mean that it's too late to be outside gardening in the midwest!?


Tulips are my all time favorite flower. Bulbs are on sale big time in the fall and winter. I was able to get several bags of tulip bulbs for half off a few weeks ago. As long as the ground isn't frozen you can put them into the ground. If you follow the directions on the bag (Strike 2 Martha Stewart. I adore you but your stencils are crap and your bulbs don't come with directions for how deep into the ground they should be planted) they'll bloom in the spring! 

Get excited. A few short months from now I'll have blooming tulip pictures for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...