Sunday, November 6, 2011

What a Difference a Year Makes

I was reading back through old posts. A year ago I wrote this:

"I'm convinced that at some point in my life I will not work retail. I will be normal. Shopping on Black Friday will be avoided, I will have weekends off, and I will adjust to waking up at 6 a.m. on a daily basis. Instead Black Friday is the highlight of my work year for the potluck we throw in my back room and the fact that the day flies by, I work Saturday nights, and I get to sleep in until 10 a.m. on a Tuesday. For now this is my life. And it's interesting..."

A year later and all that I have to say is: Thank you God for answering my prayers! I'm not entirely convinced that I won't find myself at a new top secret retailer someday... But thank you God for a holiday off, for waking up at 6 a.m., for weekends off, and for Black Friday just being a day of the week and not a day to train and recover from! Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...