Friday, June 17, 2011

Growing Up and Moving On

I was thinking about all of the places I've lived, and how my style has evolved through the years. I thought maybe you'd like to see! 

This is my childhood bedroom... Or should I say my bedroom from age 7 on. My baby brother was born a boy so I got shafted from the big room to this room. It was a billion different colors, but before I moved this is what it looked like. 
The clouds are amazing aren't they? I also stenciled stars all over the ceiling with invisible glow in the dark paint. 
You'll recognize the dresser & bed, because they both still live with me. And the big pillows. I made the dream and live canvases and am a little sad they're not part of my life anymore! That Africa picture makes it in every house from then-now. 

So this is not a good look for me! But, this is my dorm room in college. With the big pillow again. And I still own those sheets, and the shorts and shirt. I don't like getting rid of stuff! 

This is me at the grown up age of 20... Looking at my first house (condo). This is the one down south. I went CRAZY with paint colors here! You'll see what I mean! Here is my front door. Very informal huh? 
This was the beginning of my life of indoor/outdoor carpet! This is what you saw inside of the door. Top right is the "formal" front door. Just out of the bottom right of the frame is the sliding doors. 
I used the sliding doors to get in and out, and blocked off the other door. This was officially Zulu's dog-in-training room!
Here is the inside of the sliding doors. I painted the walls and added the light from Ikea. Otherwise I didn't do much to this place! Strangely I didn't think it needed it! The old cabinets and pink carpet and I coexisted peacefully! Note: These mirrors were also in my dorm room. They're from Ikea. They change colors many times as the posts go on! 
Pre-Light fixture. The chaise was a "gift" from someone's trash can for $0! Everyone's gotta start somewhere!
I show you this picture only to show you the painted state of the kitchen. This is my friend and I making margaritas. 
This door went out to the garage. I need to do an entire post about that garage and the neighbor war that happened there! This is the best shot I have of the kitchen.
Not my favorite laundry placement!
I really didn't take a lot of pictures back then! This is the previous owner showing my dad something
Mother-dear and I painting
 
The blocked off front door was the only logical thing I could think to do to fit that beast of a free trash couch I had! I still have the pillows and end table. Those pillows have been recovered and are on my couch in every picture from here on out! Also, see that Africa pic again?
I still have everything but the garbage chaise! The door goes to the coat closet. There is a door to the right that is for the 1/2 bath (the only room I really changed!)
Check this out in it's cave/crackle painted splendor! I actually have no after shot. I sanded the crackle off, painted it white, removed the light fixture, added a new knob, mirror, and faucet, and repainted. 
The only after shot I have. Nice color huh?
My ladder bookcase and growing hound!
My RED upstairs bathroom
The only shot of the other side of the room... How cute is that!?
The guest room/my "office." The picture collage board has made it into every house, as has the desk, hutch, chalkboard, & bookcase (both shown below). Fortunately I outgrew the butterfly chair! The chaise didn't fit my style and I sold it at a garage sale, and I'm awaiting having a baby girl someday that can use those curtains! I LOVE them! 

This is my bright room. I apparently rarely photographed it. 

Before I attacked it with paint! Note the pillows.
The dresser and frames are still ticking!
I made the dog bed as a sewing project. It's at my parents house for their dog now. Lindy loved that bed! 

I then decided I was way too far south! I packed up and moved back, one dog lighter. So sad. I lived at my parents house for a few months while I waited for this place to sell. Then I moved right up by the city. This has been my favorite location that I've lived. It was a tiny place, but very updated!


Since you can see the layout above, here's the tour! I lived in a mirror image of the floorplan I have.
I still have everything shown. The ladder bookcase moved here.
This was when I bought my Ikea shelves that I adore! The black frame over the TV was new too. It moves around from now on too!

This is where trees became part of my life! Also, notice the big pillows are now recovered in navy blue fabric.
Here is where I traded up desk chairs! I also replaced the dresser knobs.
Here's those frames and pics from my last bathroom. This is also when I fell in love with this wall color!

Here's the mirror that was in my bathroom in the last house. That moves around a lot too!
I love and miss this wall color!

But then I got promoted. The drive to work was WAY too far. Moving day came again! I ended up with a bigger place that had a great garage, fireplace and tub! I loved living there but hated how harsh the winters were.

Case in point.
This wasn't normally there! Just a test to see if the cat would lay on it! He did! 
I loved how giant the garage was!

The kitchen in baking action

My favorite shelves featuring my favorite Africa picture!


We spent many warm days out on our little porch! 

I brought back my favorite wall color again! I actually had some left over from the last place that I used here! I have the same frames up too.
This ladder desk was added to my life while living here. I also refinished the dresser and nightstand here and bought the mirror. The mirror is currently homeless and I'm still trying to figure out where it should live. Oh, and yes you do see all four Twilight books. Team Edward!
See the big white pillows on the back of the bed? They were navy blue in the last house!

One of the deadly reasons I moved! This is from my bedroom window. 
And this shot was from my once sunny balcony!

I hope you enjoyed watching my style evolve! It started out quite young and colorful and has fortunately, grown up with me and calmed down a lot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...